Provider Notices

Medicaid Provider Billing: Tax-ID vs Social Security Number (SSN) Update Effective 11/1/2019

5/23/2019 1:33:26 PM

Key take away: When billing it is essential that your information with the State matches how you bill, as a CCO it is our role to update providers information with the State. It is also important to note that if your information changes in anyway after enrolling, to update that information with us PacificSource Community Solutions.


Who will this effect? It is only effecting Providers that are billing with a Tax-ID or SSN that is different than what they are enrolled with.


Example: If a Provider was originally enrolled with the State with their SSN, but then received a Tax-ID and started billing with the Tax-ID without updating us the CCO. The billed information would not match what’s on file with the State and result in a denied claim.

***It is PacificSource Community Solutions that will aid providers in making any  necessary updates with the State***


How do you know if the State has a SSN or Tax-ID on file? You can reach out to Provider Service at PacificSource Community Solutions and we can verify with you over the phone. You can call or e-mail us, we would be more than happy to review your information with you and help you make any necessary updates.



Call: (541)246-1457