Deadline for federal Provider Relief Fund applications extended to August 28, 2020
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is distributing $15 billion to eligible Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and dental providers impacted by COVID-19. Eligible providers may receive up to 2 percent of reported revenue from patient care.
For more information:
COVID-19 provider resources
As we work toward reopening Oregon, we want to make sure you have the resources you need to keep informed, healthy and safe. If you have any questions about OHP and COVID-19, please let us know.
Updates for Oregon Health Plan providers
- Interim stability payments (short-term loans) for fee-for-service providers
experiencing difficulties associated with COVID-19: Most eligible billing providers with an active fee-for-service contract in good standing with the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) as of March 1, 2020 may apply. To learn more, read the memo from OHA.
Please continue to refer to the Oregon Medicaid COVID-19 Provider Guide for information related to OHP coverage of testing, screening, treatment and telemedicine services; OHP eligibility; and other information and resources related to providing and billing for covered services during COVID-19.
Updates for all health care providers
OHP 3047 Augmentative Communication Device Support Summary
OHA is currently revising the OHP 3047 form in order to collect all information needed to make decisions regarding payment for an Augmentative Communication Device. When the revision is complete, we will let you know.
In the meantime, to avoid processing delays please include all documentation required by Oregon Administrative Rule 410-129-0220 when submitting an authorization request to OHA:
- A physician’s statement of diagnosis and medical prognosis documenting the inability to use speech for effective communication as a result of the diagnosis; reliable cognitive ability; and a consistent motor response to communicate that can be measured by standardized or observational tools;
- An evaluation report that includes a completed OHA 3047 form and required elements of the Formal Augmentative/Alternative Communication Evaluation;
- An explanation of why the requested device is best suited for this client and why the device is the lowest level that will meet basic functional communication needs;
- Evidence of a documented trial of the selected device and a report on the client’s success in using this device;
- A therapy treatment plan with the identification of the individual responsible to program the device and monitor and reevaluate on a periodic basis; and
- The manufacturer’s MSRP and the vendor’s acquisition cost quotations for the device shall accompany each request including where the device is to be shipped.
You can find the form, rules and other information on the page for OHP's Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Services (division 129) rules.