What is NEMT?
Non-Emergent Medical Transport, or NEMT, is how you can get a ride to a covered healthcare appointment. This is for scheduled healthcare appointments, not emergencies.
There are many ways we can help you get to your appointment depending on your needs. Examples are:
- Bus pass or taxi service.
- A ride from a volunteer driver.
- Wheel-chair accessible vehicle service.
- Stretcher vehicle or non-emergent ambulance.
- Reimbursement for driving yourself (if you tell us before the appointment).
Please note, some rules may apply.
If you have any questions regarding transportation services please review the information for your CCO.